Team 17’s comedy slasher hits the airwaves today!
Today, June 1st, 2023 is a very special day for horror fans. Or at least it should be! Team 17 Digital has launched their 80’s black comedy slasher adventure game Killer Frequency on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and 5, and the Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. What is even more exciting for immersive minded players is that the game is also available as a dedicated VR version for the Meta Quest 2.
Set in a Midwestern US town, Killer Frequency follows Forrest Nash, a washed-up DJ and presenter of the ‘The Scream’ late night show, as he tries to help listeners and callers stalked by a mysterious masked killer.
Killer Frequency Key Features
- Stay on air: Take control of the switchboard and explore an authentic 1980s radio studio as you guide the fates of your late-night listeners stalked by a mysterious killer
- Stop the slaughter: Take calls from potential victims while gathering clues, making decisions, and solving satisfying puzzles that could help each caller survive the night
- Unmask the killer: Interact with a variety of larger-than-life personalities including callers, potential suspects, and a charismatic producer while jamming to a jukebox of 1980s-inspired tunes
- All can live or die: Choose from a variety of conversation options to interact with callers – will you guide them to safety or broadcast their last moments live on air?
- Play on flat screen and in VR: Built from the ground-up for Meta Quest 2 at 72 frames-per-second, and available in flat screen on PC and consoles.
If that isn’t enough slashing for you, then check out the launch discount for Killer Frequency! The game is slashed about 20% off most platforms. Let us know if you decided to pick up the game and what you think.