PlayStation Laces Up With Paul George
Introducing The PS-2 Colorway By Paul George and PlayStation….
When it comes to the video game world, geeks, nerd and more there are some things you do not really associate to that image. Designer shoes or premium made basketball shoes to be specific is not something you would normally think about. That image is about to change with Paul George from the NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder. George started his Career in 2010 with the Indiana Pacers and was recently signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder last year. He is a four-time NBA All-Star and has been named three times to the All-NBA Team and NBA All-Defensive Team.
According to George in a recent PlayStation Blog “This collaboration has been a long time coming. Ask me what my favorite PlayStation memory is and I’ll tell you it’s when my dad got me a PS2 for Christmas. I’d been dropping hints left and right because I knew that was it. That was the next big thing. You could say the same with Nike. As a kid, I’d make sketches of what I wanted my Nike shoes to look like because it’s something I’ve always wanted to be a part of. Now I have the opportunity to make something very special and personal to me with the help of two of my favorite brands.”
It is nice to hear these sports superstars thinking back to their favorite video game memories. Mine dates back to the NES being originally released and standing in the Toys R Us merchandise pickup line with my Dad and not knowing what we were there for until they brought it out.
The PG-2 PlayStation Colorway shoe as it is being called will have the following details and features:
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for your PS4
- The colors of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
The PG2 “PlayStation” colorway drops globally on February 10, 2018. For more information on the release, download the Nike SNKRS app.