The Surge Announces Free DLC
Dystopian Action RPG, The Surge, is preparing to unleash its latest free DLC for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC players: the Cutting Edge Pack. As good news always comes in pairs, the game and all of its DLC content is up to 75% off on Steam, PlayStation Europe, and Xbox One.
The Cutting Edge Pack DLC will grant 3 new armor sets, providing a variety of useful boons when worn in their entirety, 3 devastating weapons, and 3 brand new jumpsuits:
- The ANGEL was originally designed for operation in the harsh vacuum of space, some of the most inhospitable conditions known to man, and bestows faster attack speeds, better energy gain, and harder impacts on CODENAME weapons.
- The ASCLEPIUS was meant to assist army veterans in gaining a new lease on life, but its regenerative powers will work well enough for you too.
- The NANO WARD gear uses bleeding edge technology to give your blocks some serious explosive power – if you can time them right.
On the more offensive side, CREO’s new weapons are the latest in untested combat technology. Get ready to try prototypes for blue-sky projects that may never see the light of day – and certainly haven’t been safety-assured!
- The Experiment 44H, known as the Dark Star, never saw full production due to the madness of its creator, leading to him to sabotage the whole project before more than one prototype could be made. Its unique containment field will wreak havoc on enemies.
- The Engelhart is a boost tool that uses state-of-the-art technology to become searing hot anytime, anywhere. As potentially dangerous to the wielder as their enemies, it requires skill and practice to use effectively.
- The BioN J-1, codenamed Last Aid, is quite literally a surgical tool, originally designed for use in medical hospitals. After an unfortunate incident with a rogue doctor, it became known as a tool of carnage.
Once the DLC is installed, you will find six fierce new enemies in Abandoned Production, the Executive Forum, and Nucleus that must be defeated to acquire the new items.
About The Surge
Set in a heavily dystopian future as Earth nears the end of its life, those who remain in the overpopulated cities must work to survive as social programs become saturated by an aging population and increasing environmental diseases. As the intelligence of technology incrementally increased over the years, many jobs for the human race had been made redundant, forcing Earth’s citizens to head out into the suburbs seeking labor, aided by exoskeletons to improve their efficiency. The world of The Surge offers a very grim vision of the future, where the evolution of our technology, our society and our relation to the environment led to a decadent state of the Human civilization. The Surge features innovative combat mechanics and an original character progression system based on modular upgrades gained through tight, visceral combat.