‘The Cycle’ from Yager Starts Weekly Playtests SOON
The Cycle looks to be a fun game to play with some friends. Yager dubs it as a ‘competitive quest shooter’ where you complete or collaborate with other Prospectors. But here’s the thing, the planet’s wildlife wants to eat your face, and on top of that, the planet has a ‘Cycle’ where if you don’t evacuate on time, you’re toast. I’m loving the premise and the artwork of the game so far. It’s a familiar feeling yet fresh enough to intrigue fans of the genre. Be sure to keep a close eye on The Cycle. Here are some features:
- A New Frontier: Explore the world of Fortuna III – a hostile, beautiful new world, full of fortune, alien life, and other players looking to take its riches.
- Competitive Quester: Shooting may give you an edge – but the best players are those who can take on dangerous jobs during a match.
- Station: Orbiting Fortuna III, the station is a leftover from a time of colonization and exploitation. It is now home to Prospectors and the factions that have an interest in their excursions – for different reasons.
- Factions: Take on jobs for different factions when you are down on the planet. As reputation grows with a faction, players will get access to more technology which might change the way they play and win.
- Co-Operation: Players can meet on the surface of Fortuna III and join uneasy alliances with one another as they complete contracts. Or players can directly start as a squad on the planet.
- Storm: The cycle leaves only a narrow window of opportunity – stay too long, and you will be trapped on the planet.
- Progression: Items found in matches can be used for crafting in the station which can then in return be used in matches.
- Customization: A wide selection of gear that players progress through, tailoring their character to their individual playstyle, with more options regularly added.
Check out the gameplay trailer here:
Press Release below.
Today YAGER announced that beginning Friday, April 12, the company will begin running weekly alpha playtests of its upcoming competitive quest shooter, The Cycle. These sessions, set to run every week until the launch of the game’s closed beta, will be available to anyone that signs up. The team at YAGER is committed to an open, community-driven development environment, and is looking to give players a recurring chance to try the game and offer feedback on new features, content and ongoing developments, as well as input on what they would like to see from the game in the future. Players that join these sessions will see their progress carried over weekly during alpha testing until the game launches into closed beta later this spring. For more information, check out the development update video here:
The Cycle is a match-based first-person shooter with an emphasis on PvPvE action, completing jobs, gearing up with new weapons and powers, out-scoring other players, and making it off the planet alive. On the exotic alien frontier of Fortuna III, you’ll compete against and – if you choose – team up with other prospectors to harvest resources, defeat hostile lifeforms, and make your fortune before the world, your rivals or even your so-called allies kill you. It’s up to you how to stake your claim: go it alone, form squads with friends, or make uneasy temporary alliances with strangers. The Cycle delivers a competitive multiplayer experience where everyone can survive, but how you choose to manage your time on Fortuna III can have a big impact.
The Cycle is expected to enter closed beta this spring. For the latest information on the game and its playtest schedule, visit www.thecycle.game.