Sky Noon – Closed BETA, Screenshots, and Trailer!
In a world of fast-paced shooters today, you’re going to need to stand out. Sky Noon is starting to push the envelope on a twist to this genre. Instead of being over the top gory, we’re looking at gun powered by air. Yup. Glorious air. The idea is to use these weapons to push your opponents off of floating islands. You are also armed with a grappling gun to move around the map quicker. Closed BETA, info, screens, and trailer below!
Independent game developer Lunar Rooster and indie games partner Reverb Triple XP have released today an all-new trailer for their reimagined western Sky Noon that showcases all of the various weapons and tools that are at player’s disposal. From the huge AOE blast of the “Jail Breaker” Hand Cannon to the automatic fire of the “Road Runner” Machine Pistol, there’s a weapon for every player’s style in Sky Noon. But remember pardner – in this first person action brawler, these guns aren’t equipped with bullets! They all hold powerful rounds of compressed air bursts perfectly suitable for blasting opponents off the floating islands!
Gamers ready to cowboy up into Sky Noon are in luck! Reverb Triple XP will be taking sign-ups to a special Closed Beta that will take place this April. Please, sign-up HERE to take part in the Sky Noon Closed Beta and stay tuned for more details on the official Sky Noon Discord channel.
Wooah Nelly, that’s right! The Official Sky Noon Discord Channel also launches today and gamers should join the Sky Noon posse for future news on the game, social events, and giveaway promotions: discord.gg/skynoon
- Machine Pistol aka Road Runner: Target other players with endless bursts of air as the Machine Pistol is fully equipped to handle a large quantity of air rounds.
- Shotgun aka Typhoon: The range of the Shotgun may be short, but with a wide spread shooting capacity, players will be able to efficiently take down their opponents.
- Revolver aka Ol’ Faithful: For the player who has dreamed of being a western sharp shooter ala John Wayne, the Revolver is the perfect weapon to pick off your enemies with precision.
- Hand Cannon aka Jail Breaker: The Hand Cannon is the gun for players who want to send their opponents blasting off into the clouds with a powerful BOOM!
- Grappling Hook aka…The Lifeline: Players can use the grappling hook to latch onto buildings, crates, or the floating islands themselves to save themselves from being eliminated!
Sky Noon takes place in a reinvented Wild West universe where the frontier floats among the clouds. Powerful cartels crave to control the most precious resource in the West: water. Players take the role of hired gunslingers that battle opposing fighters across floating islands in the sky. There are no health meters in Sky Noon; instead, to eliminate enemies, players use various super-power compressed air weapons to send them flying out of their boot spurs! Grappling hooks and lassos must constantly be used to prevent players from falling off into the great blue sky. Combined with other items like steam-powered jetpacks, jump pads, and teleporters, cowboys need to be quick on the draw and light on their boots in the fast-paced, aerial mayhem of Sky Noon.
Sky Noon will be launching on Steam Early Access in Q2 2018. Cowboys looking to join the gang should follow the game development on Twitter, “Like” us on Facebook, connect on Discord, and visit the official site, SkyNoonGame.com.