ScourgeBringer Hits Steam Early Access February 6th
Holy smokes, ScourgeBringer looks to be no joke. This game looks fast, raw, and ruthless. Everything that fits this genre perfectly. I can’t wait to get into the crazy pixel action and some of those sweet tunes in the soundtrack. Raging looks to be guaranteed, and with it hitting Early Access first, Flying Oak Games is looking to take player feedback the right way. Press release below!
French developer Flying Oak Games, composer Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell) and publisher Dear Villagers announce today that the highly anticipated fast-paced rogue-platformer ScourgeBringer hits Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Pass for PC on February 6th ahead of its full launch on PC and consoles later this year.
You can watch the new Early Access release date teaser trailer here:
ScourgeBringer aims to channel the mystery and rawness of an early rogue-platformer, with fluid control, aerial combat, pixel graphics, and a punchy soundtrack. The story follows hero Kyhra, who is sent away to uncover the secrets of an Eldritch monolith which is threatening to destroy her world. Armed with her trusty combat drone, she must shoot and slash her way through the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon, wherein gigantic bosses, ancient machines, strange ghosts and untold secrets from previous explorers await.
There is no backtracking, as the game structure follows a procedural combination of pre-built challenge rooms, not unlike the Binding of Isaac.
The game is currently in open development, with an in-game feedback system gathering feedback from players, and regular looks behind the curtain courtesy of regular development updates from Flying Oak Games, who you can follow on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/FlyingOakGames
● Dive into fast-paced rogue-platforming gameplay
● Slash and shoot your way smoothly with super fluid platforming controls
● Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
● Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce…)
● Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
● Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
● Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
You can find more info and assets about the game at the official site https://dearvillagers.com/project/scourgebringer/.