ROGUELIKE SPACESHIP SIMULATOR ‘SHORTEST TRIP TO EARTH’ TO LAUNCH LATER THIS YEAR
Publisher Iceberg Interactive developer Interactive Fate has revealed that Shortest Trip to Earth will be released through Steam’s Early Access program, later in 2018. From the writer of ‘Teleglitch: Die More Edition’, Shortest Trip to Earth is a roguelike spaceship simulator featuring exploration, ship management, game-influencing decision-making and real-time tactical battles.
Players will embark on a perilous journey across a procedurally-generated universe, while an intergalactic war is raging. Venture through massive space sectors crawling with exotic lifeforms. Engage in action-packed tactical combat against hostile ships, boarding parties, and inter-dimensional space monsters.
The announcement trailer gives players a brief glimpse of the peril that awaits them on their journey:
Master the art of survival by customizing your ship with modular components and perks. Choose from a range of spaceships and manage life within your vessel – from the crew, pets, and drones to ship modules and weapons. Shape your journey through hundreds of multiple-choice events, featuring unique hand-drawn illustrations.
Shortest Trip to Earth features unforgiving permadeath, but you can unlock perks to increase the odds of survival on your next run.
– Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
– Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
– Ship customization & crew management
– Epic real-time tactical space battles
– Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones, and battle-hardened pets
– Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
– Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe
Budding space travelers can wishlist the game on Steam now, to be notified when the game releases.