Project Winter Launch Date and Open Beta Weekend!
For being the first time hearing about Project Winter, I am quite intrigued. It’s an 8 player multiplayer game based around teamwork…and betrayal. Yes, betrayal. A random player will get assigned the role of traitor and while helping, also trying to stop everyone as well. This looks super fun and with an open Beta weekend on February 1st, we can all give it a look and see if being a traitor plays as fun as it looks.
Other Ocean Interactive confirmed its online-multiplayer game of teamwork and betrayal, Project Winter, will launch in Early Access, February 7, 2019. View the adventure of survival and deceit in Project Winter’s new gameplay trailer. Other Ocean Interactive’s development team will be hosting a one-time open beta from February 1-3rd, 2019. Sign up is available at projectwinter.co.
Project Winter is an 8-person, multiplayer game focused on social deception and survival where players are randomly assigned to the role of Traitor or Survivor. Players must gather resources, repair structures, and brave the wilderness together – but beware of traitors within the group who will be steadily gaining strength as the match progresses and whose only goal is to stop the survivors by any (and often hilarious) means necessary. Communication and teamwork are essential to the survivors’ ultimate goal of escape.
Project Winter will release into early access on the Steam Store, Humble Bundle, and Greenman Gaming for Windows PC, with controller support for USD 19.99. The game was developed in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador with valued support from the Canada Media Fund.
- Survive & Escape in this 8-person multiplayer game of Teamwork & Betrayal.
- Escape to Survive – As a survivor among a group of strangers, you will have to collect resources, battle the elements and complete a series of tasks to call in one of several rescue vehicles.
- Hidden Roles – Among the group of survivors lurk hidden traitors. The traitors are known to each other but not the survivors. Their goal is to stop the survivors from escaping without being identified and killed.
- Teamwork – Survivors cannot escape unless they work together. Players who wander off on their own will have difficulty surviving the elements, can fall victim to hostile wildlife, or become easy targets for the traitors.
- Communication – There are several ways to communicate with other players, including proximity-based voice chat, private voice chat radio channels, text chat, and emotes – communication is vital if the survivors have any hope of completing their tasks and defending against the traitors.
- Betrayal & Deception – The traitors are outnumbered and weak when the game begins, they may infiltrate the survivors and earn their trust while they build up their strength. Survivors can never be 100% sure of who to trust. The traitors can take advantage of this by spreading lies and setting the survivors against each other.