Earlier today, Microsoft announced that a new Xbox Update is rolling out to select Xbox Insiders. The update has a lot of pretty neat features. Here is a quick recap of what insiders can expect (courtesy of Xbox Wire) –
- Updated look for Home – An updated look for Home makes things faster and helps gamers get to their content quicker. This includes a smaller icon for the game you’re currently playing as well as options to open the Game Hub, interact with your Club or LFG for that game, view Achievements and more.
- Faster, more intuitive Guide – An updated Guide adds new features and functionality such as a new start page designed to display the content you care most about and gives you quick access to media controls when playing Background Music.
- Improvements to multitasking – Improvements to multitasking features such as discoverability and also enabling quick access for features such as screen shots and GameDVR with the push of a button.
- Cortana gaming enhancements – Set reminders and alarms so you don’t miss gaming sessions along with Cortana performance enhancements.
- Controller Copilot and more – Copilot allows two controllers to act as if they were one on a single user profile. This can help new gamers who need assistance, and make it easier for players who need unique configurations to game.
Some of these updates sounds like great additions to the Xbox One. Any update that will help with multitasking as well as set reminders are fantastic features. The copilot feature is very interesting, and as a father of young children, I welcome the ability to connect two controllers with to one profile. It can help with navigation and other troubleshooting. But in my opinion, the best part of this update is the ability to access screen shots and GameDVR with ease and quickness. That is one of the most frustrating parts of the Dashboard, and I can wait to have an easier time accessing my saved footage and screenshots.
This update will eventually roll out to all gamers soon. Also, be on the lookout for more major updates as Microsoft prepares for the integration of Beam and other great features. For more info, check out the Xbox Wire article HERE.
Any of you excited to see the update? Or are you happy with the Xbox Dashboard as is? Let us know in the comments!