New Trailer for 9 Monkeys of the Shaolin!
Hollllllllllly crap. Everyone needs to take a look at this new trailer for 9 Monkeys of the Shaolin. Developed by Redeemer’s (Yeah, Redeemer was awesome) Sobaka Studio, this is now on my list of games to play this year. Damn, I wish I was able to make it to GDC to see this up close because this trailer looks right up my alley, awakening my love for brawlers again. Info and trailer below!
Independent video game developer Sobaka Studio and publisher Buka Entertainment are pleased to officially announce their partnership on the development of 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, a new multi-platform old-school beat ‘em up powered by Unreal Engine 4.
The studio behind Redeemer unveils announcement trailer for 9 Monkeys of Shaolin, which sets the mood and universe of this unique IP and promises to offer a new deeply immersive steeped Brawler experience in Medieval China setting.
First console demo is already available on the Xbox Lobby Bar at GDC this week! Studio team members are available at the stand and gamers and press are welcome to join them for an intense top-down, close-quarters action game where you will punch and hack your way through enemies using basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks! 9 Monkeys of Shaolin will be released Fall 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC, macOS, and Linux.
About 9 monkeys of Shaolin:
9 Monkeys of Shaolin marks a true rebirth of the iconic brawler genre in the vein of old-school video games. If, as a kid, you had hours of fun playing SNES or SEGA beat ’em up video games crushing foes left and right then this new title from the creators of hardcore brawler Redeemer is definitely for you!
As a mere Chinese fisherman Wei Cheng you have to avenge the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village. The game protagonist is quite a tough nut to crack as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks. Get your trusty battle staff ready for a challenging adventure in Medieval China and for merciless fights with hordes of various enemies.
Action-packed battles, user-friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of the 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles: fight on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: the unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.