New Timed Free Borderlands 2 DLC ‘Commander Lilith & The Fight for Sanctuary’ OUT TODAY!
This was an unexpected badass surprise. Free Borderlands 2 DLC that sets the story up for Borderlands 3. It looks silly insane, like having a unicorn gun. Yes, a gun that shoots unicorns. Trailer and news below!
Kicking off E3 with a huge surprise, 2K Games, Gearbox Software, and Gearbox Studio Québec today announced that Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & The Fight for Sanctuary is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam.
Commander Lilith & The Fight for Sanctuary is a brand new downloadable campaign expansion for Borderlands 2 – the award-winning shooter-looter that originally launched in 2012 – that brings players back to the wilds of Pandora for a brand new adventure that sets the stage for Borderlands 3 (launching September 13).
Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection product owners will be able to download this DLC for free until July 8 at 11:59:59pm PDT. It will then be available for $14.99 USD starting July 9. Don’t own Borderlands 2 yet? Good news! It’s never been easier to get your hands on the legendary shooter because Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is currently available at little to no cost thanks to several ongoing promotions – full details listed below.
Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary takes place shortly after the events of the main story in Borderlands 2. Sanctuary is under siege, the Vault Map has been stolen, and toxic gas is poisoning Pandora. You’ll step back into the boots of legendary Vault Hunters Maya, Salvador, Axton, Zer0, Gaige or Krieg to battle new bosses, explore new areas, and collect new loot, including an entirely new tier beyond Legendary. Join up with Lilith and the Crimson Raiders to take on a deranged villain hell-bent on claiming the Vault Map for himself.
- STORY CONTENT: The villainous Hector and his New Pandora Army want the Vault Map for their own ends, so they’re purging the planet using an insidious toxic gas that turns all those affected into mindless plant zombies. Fight alongside your favorite allies (plus a few new friends) across story missions and side quests alike.
- TOP LOOT TIER: Legendary weapons are lovely and all, but now there’s an even rarer and more powerful tier in town: Effervescent. This tier features high stats, special effects, and some entrancing rainbow textures.
- WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT: With a new top loot tier comes new top loot, including super rare named firearms like a shotgun that fires…well, let’s just say there are ponies and rainbows and explosions.
- ENEMIES AND BOSSES: The toxic gas seems to be doing strange things to Pandora’s bandit and beast populations, mutating them into deadly “Infected” forms. Expect exploding plant monsters, ferocious boss battles, and an all-new Raid Boss!
- AREAS: Shoot and loot your way through previously unexplored Pandoran locales, including the wreckage of a familiar space station and at least one forbidden research lab.
- CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: Each of the six Borderlands 2 Vault Hunters gets a new head and skin, while the two vehicle types receive three new skins apiece. Stylin’!
- LEVEL CAP: Veteran players can pursue the new level cap of 80 (up from 72), and super hardcore fans can challenge themselves to achieve the two new Overpowered Levels, accessible via Digistruct Peak.
If you haven’t played Borderlands 2 to completion, don’t worry, you’ll still be able to jump right in and enjoy this story expansion. While veteran players can pursue the new level cap of 80, newcomers will be able to create a brand new level 30 Vault Hunter at the Select Character screen and dive straight into the action.