MapleStory M Android Beta Test Starts Today!
If you’ve had a PC within the last 15 years, you’ve probably heard of MapleStory. MapleStory is a 2D side-scrolling platform MMORPG. MapleStory has been widely popular overseas and with players here in the United States as well. Focusing on character customization, easy battle system, and its signature look drew a lot of gamers to play through the fun MMORPG. I myself have been in and out of the world of MapleStory quite a few times. Though I never really made it to any end-game features of MapleStory, the thought of being able to take it on the go with me is pretty awesome. Fast forward to 2016, MapleStory M launches in Korea becoming the #1 free game in both the App Store and Play Store. Now we get to try it for ourselves!! Link to Play Store is in the release below!!
**Minor Install Issue** I am downloading the game as I am creating this article and had issues with the game update. It stated that some files were downloaded incorrectly. I shut the app down and restarted it quite a few times to get the update to complete. That could just be my connection or everyone hitting the server up at once to get into the Beta.
Players can soon experience the massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) MapleStory in the palm of their hands with MapleStory M, an all-new mobile adventure. Based on the original side-scrolling MMORPG franchise, MapleStory M offers the same endless amount of customization, immersive storylines and epic boss raids that fans come to expect from the epic MapleStory franchise – now playable on the go.
MapleStory M beta will be available to download until Jan. 30 through the Google Play Store in all regions excluding Korea, China, and Japan. To download the game, please visit the storefront here.
Players who partake in the beta will be the first to explore Maple World with five unique characters, team up with friends to explore mysterious dungeons and get a sneak peek into the various customization options, including the all-new forge system.
In MapleStory M, players will:
● Return to Maple World – Players can experience all the familiar characters and monsters anytime straight from their mobile device. MapleStory M is the true mobile MapleStory experience fans have been waiting for;
● Play Five Original Characters – MapleStory M offers players five unique MapleStory characters, including Dark Knight, Bowmaster, Night Lord, Bishop, and Corsair;
● Hunt for Loot in Daily Dungeons – Players can power up characters with jewels found in daily dungeons. Different jewels are available each day of the week, so players can keep coming back for more;
● Power Level in Private Mini Dungeons – Players can focus their leveling efforts by taking down monsters of their choice and hunt specific quest items in their very own mini-dungeon;
● Seek Out the Master of the Mu Lung Dojo – This challenge tasks players to climb floor after floor and defeat monsters along the way. Once they reach the top, they’ll face the martial arts master himself, Mu Gong;
● Explore Nett’s Deadly Pyramid – Players wanting to press their luck can explore and discover the mysteries of Nett’s Pyramid. They must fend off mummies and other monsters to discover mysterious treasures;
● Raid with Friends in the Expedition – Players can join a party with up to 10 other friends to battle against the iconic raid boss Zakum for exclusive rewards.
First released in Korea in October 2016, MapleStory M quickly became the #1 ranked free game on both the App Store and the Google Play Store sand amassed over two million downloads in the first two weeks. With its global launch later this year, the game will be available in the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, and the Google Play Store for Android devices.