Let’s Get to Mars with Mars Horizon!
If any of you know me, I love me some space. Books about space, comics, movies, video games, you can damn well count me in! I have been trying to keep up with #SpaDay (Space Sunday) streams on www.twitch.tv/GameOctane channel. I was hoping to explore a ton of different space theme games, but have been loving Kerbal Space Program. I can’t say I am very good at it, but damn is it fun.
Now enter Mars Horizon, a new game out by Auroch Digital throws you in the captain’s chair of space agency management. Of course, with the ultimate goal of being able to get to Mars! Mars Horizon is calling to me in so many ways; you’re building rockets, planning missions, trying to gain public support for funding, all kinds of cool little things that put you in charge of running this space agency. The beta starts soon! Check out all the cool info and the SWEET trailer below!
Rocket enthusiasts at developer Auroch Digital and space tourists at publisher The Irregular Corporation (PC Building Simulator, Balsa Model Flight Simulator) announced that the upcoming space agency management game, Mars Horizon, will launch on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch later this year with a beta planned for April 27th on Steam.
A new trailer released today shows off several elements of the game play – including what can go wrong if you don’t succeed. Plan and build your mission control offices across brightly lit and easy to use tiles, harness design, upgrades and mission strategies via the game’s elegant user interface and achieve the ultimate goal of planting your flag on Mars:
In Mars Horizon you take control of a major space agency, launching from the dawn of the space age in the 1950s, all the way through to landing humans on Mars in the near future. Guide your agency through the space race and write your alternate history of space exploration: any of the agencies can be the first to land on the Moon if you make the right choices.
Step into the shoes of a mission control flight director, manage the mission, and face the challenges as you plan your agency’s journey to the stars. In Mars Horizon, you’ll need to manage your agency’s resources and solve strategic challenges in turn-based missions in order to succeed. But beware: space is a very unforgiving environment.
These are the critical moment-to-moment decisions of mission control; do you spend power to fix a malfunctioning antenna or save it in case of an oxygen leak? Perhaps risking that extra three months of mission planning could have avoided this issue?
Manage the numerous challenges faced then and now:
● Play as a variety of real space agencies or create your own and everything that goes with it: build your base with launch pads, research labs, astronaut training facilities, and of course, rockets
● Construct your own custom launch vehicles from hundreds of combinations, and improve their reliability over launches and missions.
● Plan missions and manage challenges: launch satellites and crewed spacecraft to explore the Solar System and create solutions to unforeseen problems that arise. Mars Horizon brings you all the excitement of real scenarios of space exploration and makes it accessible
● Solve the various challenges of turn-based missions to earn scientific advancement and public support – the more support you gain, the larger your budget will become
● Explore an extensive tech tree and either compete or collaborate with other agencies to plot your roadmap to Mars
● Created using input from actual space agencies, Mars Horizon distills a passion for space exploration, international cooperation, and the goal of making humanity a multi-planetary species!
You’re in charge of every element of the journey into space: success rides on your decisions.
Sign up for the beta here https://bit.ly/2VR2TWK and keep tabs on where space takes you on Twitter @AurochDigital and stay regular with The Irregular Corporation @IrregularCorp.