Season 4 is here! And the crater did some damage! Check out the trailer, and read on to see what is new with the latest Fortnite patch –
All of the notes on patch 4.0 can be found here. But here is a quick recap of what to expect –
- The crater officially hit the map, and some of your favorite locations may have changed. Also, you can pick up and consume Hop Rocks, which will allow you to lift off with low gravity
Save the World
- There is a new blockbuster event in Save the World. You will be tasked with saving and recruiting a group of superheroes!
- Enemies now have a chance to drop loot when killed. Loot may include ammo, building supplies, and schematics.
- Structures on the starting island can now be destroyed. Still can’t destroy the bus.
- Headshots are now prioritized when other body parts are in the way. For example, a shot that hits your target’s hand will be able to penetrate through and hit their head if your aim was on point. You’ll be credited headshot damage instead of normal damage. Headshots from below that are blocked by a body part (legs, torso, hands, shoulders, arms) will do normal damage, except for impacts very close to your character’s head.
- Slightly reduced the hitbox size of player hands.
- Damage numbers are now visible when spectating a player.
- Knocking a player off the island will award elimination credit like normal fall damage.
- Fall distance is now shown in the elimination feed when a player is forced to fall by an opponent.
- On the starting island, you can now see other players (and player-created structures) about three times further away than before.
There are plenty more updates in this patch, which you can read here.
Let us know if you are excited for Season 4 in the comments below!