EA Announces VOLTA Football, New Mode for FIFA 20!
Here was a fun announcement for fans of the FIFA Street games of the past. VOLTA Football, a fun mode where you get to customize your player and take your game to street-like arenas. It’s amazing how EA keeps pushing FIFA every year. VOLTA Football could probably stand alone on its self, to be honest, and it’s great to see features like this being added! Trailer and info below!
Today, at EA PLAY, Electronic Arts Inc. announced an all-new experience in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 20, VOLTA Football*, a mode inspired by the small-sided form of football played in the streets, cages and futsal courts across the world, launching worldwide on September 27, 2019 on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and PC.
VOLTA Football lets players build their own character, express their individual style, and immerse themselves in a realistic street football experience. A brand-new style of gameplay grounded in football realism immerses players in the flow of the street with new tools including simplified flicks and skill moves, new flair animations, or using the wall as a teammate.
- VOLTA Kick-Off: Take your favorite professional teams back to the streets and compete in a number of VOLTA locations and match formats. Play PSG vs. Lyon in Paris, the Madrid derby in the streets of Spain, or Chelsea vs. Spurs in a London cage.
- VOLTA World: Build up your VOLTA team by playing through Single Player Matches against community generated squads in a variety of formats and locations. After each victory, recruit a player from the opposing team and build your squad up in terms of both skill and chemistry.
- VOLTA Story: Take your unique player through a narrative-driven experience, where you face off against various legends of street football from around the world. Earn rewards, customize your player, and recruit for your squad, culminating in the VOLTA World Championship tournament in Buenos Aires.
- VOLTA League: Play your way through promotion and relegation with the online VOLTA League. The new player versus player formats places your team against others online, where wins lead to promotion into a higher division.
“This year, we are embedding a whole new experience with VOLTA Football into the game that reflects how many footballers started out their careers in the streets. This is a unique aspect of the sport that gives our players an experience unlike anything they have ever seen before in EA SPORTS FIFA,” said Aaron McHardy, Executive Producer for EA SPORTS FIFA. “We’ve also focused on delivering key gameplay updates that raise the level of realism and quality across the game. And with small sided football ingrained in FIFA 20, players can take the learnings from the streets and apply them to the stadium or vice versa.”
Furthermore, Football Intelligence delivers a whole new approach to gameplay that raises the quality bar in FIFA 20, leveling up the authenticity players experience on the virtual pitch. Authentic Game Flow puts more emphasis on user-controlled play by giving AI more awareness around time, space and a player’s position on the pitch. Decisive Moments are comprised of the all-new Composed Finishing which overhauls the fundamentals of shooting to give players more consistent and clinical finishing, and Controlled Tackling that utilizes the Active Touch System to add a variety of new tackling animations. Finally, Ball Physics adds a new level of realism with varied shot trajectories, more realistic tackle interactions, and physics-driven behavior.
Players who pre-order** the EA SPORTS FIFA 20 Ultimate Edition for the PS4, Xbox One and PC will receive 3 days Early Access to FIFA 20, a 5 game loan ICON Player Pick (mid version) for their FIFA Ultimate Team™ squad, up to 24 Rare Gold Packs, and Special Edition FUT Kits. As a bonus, those who pre-order** before August 5, 2019, will also receive an untradeable FUT 20 Ones To Watch Player item. More pre-order** details are available here.
Jump into the game first on September 19, 2019, with EA Access*** and Origin™ Access*** Basic to enjoy up to 10 hours of play time as part of the Play First Trial or sign-up for Origin Access Premier to get full access on PC.
FIFA 20 is developed by EA Vancouver and EA Romania and will be available worldwide on September 27, 2019, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Join the EA SPORTS FIFA community at Facebook and on Instagram, or follow us on Twitter @easportsfifa.
* VOLTA FOOTBALL MODE IS AVAILABLE ON XBOX ONE, PLAYSTATION 4 AND PC PLATFORM VERSIONS ONLY. FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/volta.
** PRE-ORDER FOR ULTIMATE EDITION AVAILABLE ON PS4, XBOX ONE AND PC ONLY, WHEREVER FIFA POINTS ARE SOLD CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. SEE https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-20/fifa-20-game-and-offer-disclaimers FOR FULL DETAILS.