DwarfHeim Looks to Blend Co-op RTS, City Building, and Automated Factory Games Together
Today I was able to give some time to look at DwarfHeim, and damn if I wasn’t intrigued. They somehow got a co-op RTS system with up to 4 players building together against 1-4 other players on another team. Then they add a city-building system where you’re building defenses and getting an army built. Then on top of that, they have a mining system where you build automated conveyor belts and smelting systems to gather resources. Now do I have your attention? Yeah, I think I grabbed some of you with that. Check out the trailer below and the press release from today!
Merge Games, along with Norway-based developers, Pineleaf Studio, are delighted to unveil their new partnership to bring co-op multiplayer RTS, DwarfHeim, to PC. DwarfHeim is a co-operative (and competitive) Real-Time-Strategy and city builder game. 1-4 players build, manage and defend a Dwarven city against the constant threat of feral trolls and rivaling dwarven clans (another team of 1-4 players). DwarfHeim is the first RTS game of its kind and features co-op multiplayer gameplay where you and your team must work together using different classes and abilities to gather resources, defend your city and expand.
“When we grew up, we loved playing RTS-games, but in recent years the focus has shifted to games we can play with our friends. So at Pineleaf, we wanted to create a f*cking REAL co-operational multiplayer RTS. An RTS that you can play with your friends, and that is DwarfHeim.” – Hans-Andreas Kleven, CEO of Pineleaf
Survive the dangers of Agartha, mine its resources and expand your mighty city into the wilderness. By creating and enhancing different tactics and adapting to your opponents’ strategies in DwarfHeim, you must develop your settlement from a single building to a thriving stronghold. Vanquish your enemies, train your army, gather resources, increase your population and keep your dwarves healthy and strong by brewing potent ales so that they will continue to fight the good fight. For gamers curious to see more, the developers will be streaming the game on Steam today!
- Competitive & Co-op Multiplayer — Team up with 3 other players in Conquest, a competitive multiplayer game mode. Tear through the enemy team’s defenses and destroy their Town Hall!
- 4 Unique Classes — Choose from Builder, Miner, Warrior, and Diplomat!
- Build, Mine, Defend and Manage — Choose your own strategies, units, buildings and technology that best suits you and your team.
- Single-Player Experience — Sandbox mode: Explore a vast, open area in the single-player. Build your own experience and play alone or with up to 3 friends in the slow-paced sandbox mode. Survival mode: Test your strategies and strength with up to 3 friends or mystic strangers and try to outlive all of the troll waves coming your way.
- Ranked Matchmaking — Rank up by winning competitive matches and face players that match your skill level.
- Friend-Pass — Invite your friends along to play on a free downloadable client of DwarfHeim, even if they haven’t purchased the game!
Add DwarfHeim to your Steam wishlist – https://store.steampowered.com/app/977650/DwarfHeim/