Dual Universe’s Community Update and Updated Roadmap Incoming
Dual Universe has been a game a lot of us have had our eyes on for some time. It looks amazing, and with features such as an editable universe and possibly millions of players within the same universe?! This game looks to be MASSIVE. Luckily the developers are amazing and keeping everyone updated along the way!
In a recent video recorded in Novaquark’s Montreal studio, the company’s CEO Jean-Christophe Baillie addressed changes to the Dual Universe roadmap, while maintaining the game’s key dates. With an Alpha 3 still scheduled to release in January 2020, the future looks bright for prospective players and backers alike.
2019 was a milestone year for the team at Novaquark. Not only did the company release a major update to their upcoming sci-fi MMO, they also successfully conducted an unprecedented 30,000 simulated player test, raised an additional $11.2M in funding, and opened a brand new studio in Montreal.
The Novaquark team aims to continue their trend of hard work and success, starting with their biggest update yet, Alpha 3, coming in January 2020. They’ve listened to their community’s feedback, and have been busy implementing major gameplay additions such as organizations and PvP. While avatar-vs-avatar combat is still planned, Novaquark has decided to postpone this feature while focusing on their innovative construct-vs-construct PvP format.
Novaquark will be releasing an updated roadmap highlighting the next phases of Dual Universe’s development cycle — starting with January’s planned Alpha 3, and looking ahead to the upcoming Beta and final launch — in tandem with an upcoming podcast providing further insights into the company’s priorities and roadmap changes.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.