Dual Universe releases Alpha 3 ‘Shattered Alliances’
Novaquark continues to impress by dropping these amazing updates and following their roadmap they announced. Alpha 3, titled ‘Shattered Alliances’, adds the much-requested organizations such as clubs and factions! Full release below including two trailers showing off what Dual Universe has in the Alpha 3 update! I also added some community creations shots at the bottom of the article!
Today, Novaquark has released the latest update to its sci-fi MMO Dual Universe. The Alpha 3, entitled ‘Shattered Alliances’, is packed with new features and enhancements, and stays true to the scheduled release roadmap of the game. The following trailer showcases what players can expect in the latest release:
One of the most significant highlights is the arrival of PvP combat, the first of its iterations in Dual Universe. Future updates will include new combat types, added features, and balancing to build upon the Alpha 3 version. In this update, players can take to the skies and duke it out between constructs, whether it’s small skirmishes or large-scale warfare between organizations.
And speaking of organizations, they’ve officially been included in-game in this latest release. Players can join forces and build anything from clubs to widespread factions, using the game’s deep organization system, which includes the ability to assign roles to individual members and manage the group’s shared assets to key players with the rights and duties management system (RDMS).
There have also been a host of new changes to the game’s market and economy, the inclusion of surface gathering which allows players to harvest basic elements from rocks, and improvements to piloting, among other things. “These are some of the most impressive features we’ve added to Dual Universe,” said CEO Jean-Christophe Baillie. “The way we handle organizations is way more advanced than traditional MMO guilds, especially with the RDMS system. And we’re very excited to finally release combat for the first time.”
With the arrival of construct-vs.-construct PvP and in-game organizations, the last of Dual Universe’s fundamental gameplay pillars — building, exploration, social, economy, RPG elements, and PvP — have been launched. After adding these core building blocks to Dual Universe, the team can now focus on improving the overall player experience, polishing the game’s mechanics, and preparing for this year’s Beta 1 release.
“With this Alpha, we’re one step closer to fulfilling our goal of creating a metaverse,” said Baillie. “As we continue to deliver more and more features, we’re providing players with tools to create amazing experiences. This is a fantastic start to 2020, and looking at what’s ahead, the Dual Universe community has a lot to be excited about.”
Sci-fi fans can jump right into the Dual Universe experience now for $60 USD/60 Euros. Pledge packs and more information can be found on the game’s website. Dual Universe’s Beta 1 launch is expected this summer, with the full game releasing in 2021.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.