Dual Universe Launches Into Alpha With New Trailer
Here we go! I am super hyped for this game and even in Alpha, this game is looking better and better! Here is a fun fact from our PR guy; Nearly everything you see in the launch trailer (minus a single dev-built ship) was created by the game’s pre-Alpha community. Sadly not pictured – a fan-created outer-space McDonald’s. Yes, that’s right. Almost everything in this trailer is made in the community. So that’s even MORE exciting to see that these are things people have already created! Alpha news and trailer below!
Today, after months of testing among its dedicated community and over 11 million dollars in project funding, including backer support, Novaquark is excited to launch the first playable Alpha for Dual Universe. This marks the civilization building MMO’s biggest development milestone since its Kickstarter in 2016, offering a truly massive content update.
Built upon four key pillars – Explore, Build, Trade, Conquer – Dual Universe’s Alpha 1 brings the first three facets of this massive sci-fi sandbox to life, allowing players to explore and build almost anything they can imagine, and then trade on the ingame player driven markets. From subterranean bases and futuristic cityscapes to spaceships capable of interstellar travel and planet-bound hovercrafts, not even the sky’s the limit. Plus, with the launch of Alpha 1, players have a lot more room to create. Thanks to the dev team’s terraforming efforts, Alioth, the game’s starting planet, has reached an area size close to the one of real-life Great Britain, and that’s only the first planet.
In addition to this planet terraforming and construct building possibilities, Alpha 1 offers a wealth of tools to help players mine, harvest, transport, store, and sell all manner of building resources. Leveraging the first iteration of Dual Universe’s crafting system, players will need all the resources they can get their hands on! For a detailed look at the contents of Alpha 1 and a sneak peek at the key features players can expect from future development milestones, check out the release roadmap below.
Link to the full resolution roadmap: https://i.imgur.com/FACKdoZ.jpg
This is just the start for Dual Universe and its interstellar journey towards launch, however. Having closely involved its passionate community in the game’s development process since day one, Novaquark intends to continue building upon the feedback of players – both veterans and newcomers – as they work towards creating a true gaming Metaverse and realizing this game-changing sci-fi dream. As a commitment to this vision, Dual Universe will welcome ALL Kickstarter backers no matter the amount of their pledge into the Alpha before the end of the year bringing the game population over 11.000 players in the same entirely editable single shard server.
Dual Universe is available now in its Alpha 1 phase, with Alpha 2 slated to arrive in the first half of 2019. For the latest updates on all things Dual Universe, visit the official website and follow the game on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Reddit, and YouTube. In addition to being the 3rd biggest worldwide video game Kickstarter of 2016, it earned over one 1.4 million dollars in funding on both Kickstarter and its official website and boasts a vibrant community of over 11,000 backers and more than 2,100 in-game organization communities.
About Dual Universe
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter, or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (partially available in test version): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools, to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.