This week Nintendo is blessing us with not one, but TWO presentations all about the new Nintendo Switch console! So far all we have on the Switch is the trailer, and a video of Jimmy Fallon playing the console. That video was pretty hilarious, but we want more info on the Switch! Luckily, the time is nearly upon us. And there are a few things that we are hoping to hear about the Nintendo Switch!
1. Price. First and foremost, I want to know how much this thing is going to cost me! My guess is that it’s going to cost a little more than the WiiU, around $350. It would be an extra bonus though if it only cost $300!
2. Power (system). I’m really excited for the portability of the Switch, but what concerns me is that the system might not run as well if I’m taking it with me. I want to know if there is any difference at all in the system power between the screen and the dock.
3. Power (charging). Does the dock power/charge the portable screen? Is that the only way to charge the portable part? Will we be able to take a charger with us on the go for ultimate portable gaming?
4. Multiplayer. The “first look” trailer shows a group of 4 dudes playing together on 2 Switch systems. How exactly does this work? Can they communicate with local wireless, like the 3DS systems? Or do the systems have to each be connected to the same wifi network? I’m definitely rooting for the local wireless!
5. Different Console Versions. When Nintendo released the WiiU, it didn’t have a ton of memory or accessories. Later on they blessed us with the Deluxe Version, with more memory and a sweet charging dock! Plus it came in black, which was great. Obviously the Deluxe was the way to go. It would also be nifty if they announced a special Zelda version/bundle, similarly to Windwaker HD on the WiiU.
6. Games at Release. This is a question that will definitely be answered during Friday’s Treehouse presentation, but I want to know what kind of games we can expect with the console release, as well as what games will be coming in the months after the release. We already know that there are a lot of third party developers that are working on Switch titles (which is awesome), so some info on exactly which games we get and when will be super.
7. Re-release of games. In the first look trailer we saw a super cool Splatoon tournament on the Switch, so it looks like there is intention to re-release at least that game. I’m curious to know if there will be any other re-releases, like perhaps Mario Kart 8 or Super Smash Bros, because those would be incredible to have on the go!
8. Dates. I want to know when I can buy the Switch, but more importantly, I want to know when I can pre-order the console. Pre-order availability right after the presentation has been a pattern for Nintendo recently, so I really hope it holds up this time.
Hopefully Nintendo can fulfill my need for information when we see their presentation! Catch it live from Tokyo on nintendo.com/switch Thursday, January 12 at 8pm PT/11pm ET. You can also see the Nintendo Treehouse presentation on Friday Jan 13th, at 6:30am PT/9:30am ET!
Did we miss anything? What are you looking forward to learning about the Nintendo Switch? Let us know in the comments below!