E3 is almost here! GameOctane is pumped to see the upcoming games and technology announcements at this year’s conference, which will be held June 14-16th at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Thousands will be on hand to try new things that the industry has to offer. Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, EA, Bethesda, Oculus, ASTRO, Razer, Twitch, and many, many more will be on hand to show exciting developments in the future.
With 25 days left before the conference, I wanted to write my personal predictions for the 3 consoles at E3. In my mind, these predictions will be 100% right. But on the slight chance that I am wrong, feel free to let me know in the comments below, on Facebook, or on Twitter. But this is the internet, so I’m sure no one will tell me I’m wrong……….right?
- Despite rumors, Xbox will not show off a new console at E3.
- EA Access will continue its exclusive run with Xbox and announce new games heading to the vault. The price will go up from $30 a year to $50.
- At least 20 more Backwards Compatibility games will be announced.
- Crackdown 3 and Gears of War 4 will be on full display, along with a new Forza, Sunset Overdrive, and Dead Rising.
- At least 2 new Xbox exclusive games will be announced.
- After receiving negative feedback on the Nintendo Treehouse and the unscripted floor segments, Nintendo will do a traditional conference next E3.
- Nintendo will have a closed door session to show select individuals the NX console and a pre-taped gameplay video of Zelda to show its capabilities. Larger audiences will see more footage of the NX console at the next Nintendo Direct.
- There will be a playable demo of Zelda on the Wii U…and it will be glorious.
- Nintendo will show another game at E3. They said they will only show Zelda, but it’s a lie!!!!
- We will not see any news of the PS4.5.
- We will get a confirmed release date for Last Guardian and Final Fantasy 7 HD.
- Sony will announce 2 new exclusive content deals for games coming in the fall.
- Mass Effect 4 gameplay will be shown.
- 4 new exclusive Playstation games will be announced.
A few other predictions
The new game in the Red Dead series will be announced, and it will be a prequel.
- Bethesda will announce 2 more DLC expansions for Fallout 4 and tease the next entry in the Elder’s Scrolls series.
- No new Guitar Hero/Rockband games will be announced.
- The Call of Duty backlash will continue as Battlefield 1 will have a better showing than Infinite Warfare.
- A new game will arise to challenge Minecraft’s throne.
- Lego The Force Awakens will be a huge hit at E3, and another Lego game will be announced.
- A price drop will be announced for Oculus and other VR brands.
What do you think? Am I 100% correct? How many predictions will be wrong? Let us know in the comments!!!! And feel free to write your predictions in the GameOctane comments and on our Facebook and Twitter!
Keep locked onto GameOctane.com for more E3 news!