We have a release date for the upcoming World War II shooter called Raid: World War II! Raid is coming to PC on September 26th and consoles (Playstation 4 and Xbox One) October 10th (Oct. 13th in Europe, Middle East, and Asia).
Raid: World War II will showcase a dirty side of WWII that will have players sabotage, rob, and assassinate members of the Nazi regime during a terrifying time when the German war machine was tearing through Europe. The game, from Starbreeze, Lion Game Lion, and 505 Games, will feature four player co-op (Lion Game Lion contributed to Payday 2, if you are looking for an idea of what the co-op could potentially look like).
Raid offers unique character classes, hero special abilities, customizable weapons and uniforms, and real-life war-torn locations bring the surreal conflict to life as players fight for their freedom through sabotage, robbery, and assassination of the dastardly Nazi regime. And, if you aren’t excited enough, it will feature the amazing John Cleese as a British Intelligence Officer!!
According to the press release, Ilija Petrusic, Game Director at Lion Game Lion, said the following: “The goal in RAID: World War II is simple – sabotage, assassinate and pulverize everything bearing a swastika – mess with Hitler and steal his treasures. With the Nazi regime as the ultimate evil, RAID brings together four unique characters with playstyles that complement and enhance each other as they fight and steal across Europe.”
Here are some things to expect with Raid: World War II –
- Class Based Gameplay – Players choose from four different classes – Recon, Assault, Insurgent, or Demolitions – each with their own highly developed skill tree that allows for various play styles;
- War Cries – Each character class can unleash their own powerful War Cry to buff their player or the entire team;
- Character Customization – RAID’s four heroes represent the main combatants from the European theatre of WWII: Great Britain, USA, Germany and the Soviet Union. Each character possesses a unique look and a customizable uniform;
- Lethal Weapon Modifications – the Second World War was infamous for arming the world with deadly and experimental weapons that went “bang” in lethal fashion. RAID: World War II gives players access to an array of precision killing machines complete with weapons upgrades such as custom barrels, stocks, fore grips, optic sights and much more to satisfy a variety tastes;
- Operations Mode – RAID: World War II offers players the opportunity to play through extended versions of their favorite missions by undertaking the “Operations” gameplay mode. Operations challenges players through a chained series of highly modified raids, featuring new storylines, and added content and objectives;
- Challenge Cards – By participating and completing successful raids, players will earn Challenge Cards that allow them to customize the rules of a raid in a give-and-take fashion. For example, enemy ammo drops will increase, providing players with more ammunition to hold enemies at bay; however, the damage inflicted by enemies will be greater;
- Real-World Locations – The game’s setting takes place in real-world locations across war-torn From mighty m dominating the heart of Berlin, to the idyllic bridge over the Elbe, players will travel through a war-torn Europe and bring destruction to Nazis in every corner of Hitler’s Reich.
I personally enjoyed Payday 2, so I’m excited to see what that team does with Raid: World War II. Plus, John Cleese is going to be incredible! We’ll bring you more info as it becomes available. Let us know what you think about Raid in the comments below!