Fans of sci-fi racing sims are in for a treat! Redout: Lightspeed Edition will arrive late summer of 2017 on Playstation 4 and Xbox One!
Redout: Lightspeed Edition will some new modes and expansions in one package. The Lightspeed Edition will feature a new split screen mode plus the “Europa” DLC and the newly added “Neptune” DLC. With the edition of the DLC, the game will offer a total set of 30 unique tracks, along with 6 different environments, staged on a dystopic Earth. The Lightspeed Edition will also have the following:
- Multiplayer: Challenge up to 6 players from around the globe, or a friend – head-to-head – in the brand new split screen mode, to find out who the best Redout pilot is.
- Career mode: Carve out your path to glory with more than 100 different racing events, varying experience, and an array of challenging levels.
- Upgradable Ships: Invest in improving your Engine, Magnets, Structure and Energy to get your ship track-ready.
- See the world: Put the pedal to the metal on 30 different tracks scattered around 6 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth. Push the envelope on additional boss circuits to see what you are made of.
- 11 Event Types: Test your skills in 11 different events: Race, Pure Race, Time Attack, Pure Time Attack, Speed, Instagib, Survival, Score Based Endurance, Last Man Standing, Boss and Arena Race.
- Team up: Drivers will have their pick of 7 different racing teams with each team requiring a different driving approach and 4 increasingly fast racing classes to see if you make the cut.
- Power ups: To get that competitive edge, you have the option of 12 upgradable power-ups: Additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more.
According to the press release, Redout is a tribute to the classic racing monsters. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre. The floating system and driving models are based on physics: Every slope, hard-brake, acceleration, and each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship. A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognizable aesthetics. The melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi-abandoned Earth is the background for the most high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes, across breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes and vast desert plains.
Redout: Lightspeed Edition will be available in retail stores August 29 in the United States, and August 31 across Europe, for $39.99/€39.99/£29.99. Both PlayStation®4 and Xbox One versions will also include a unique, format-exclusive livery that will be available for all your ships.
Check out the trailer below, and let us know if you are planning on picking up Redout: Lightspeed Edition later this year!